Thursday, December 4, 2008

Stopping to Smell the Flowers...or the tree



Today, I am taking Evan and Cici to the park. On our way to the park, Cici, as always, stop at every spot and sniff. Sometimes, I was so overwhelmed with the urge to get to the park, that I forgot about enjoying the road to it. Cici is a constant reminder that Life is a Journey. I am also reminded of another quote, "The past is history, the future is a mystery, and the present is a gift." This is why present is named present. I seem to dwell more on the past and live for the future, than enjoying and appreciating the present. As I look forward to the future, I will also be going to enjoy every second of now. In many ways, Cici is more than my girl, she is a great teacher. Today, The stay at the park is actually shorter than the journey of going to and from there. Before today, Evan would not have taken notice of the presence of the flowers, now Evan is fascinated in them and maybe a little soil and dirt.

No comments: