Friday, August 22, 2008

Say Goodbye to Daycare

Today is the last day of daycare for Evan. I tried to go their earlier and spot him playing outside in the playground. Which was great, because usually I have to sneak and hide if I want to watch him through the window. I intended to watch him a little bit longer, but unfortunately, I had to show myself when I jumped out to stop him from scooping sand into his mouth. But I was too late. Now he knows what sands taste like. He cried when he sees me like always, which is heartbreaking to me. Evan seems to have lots of fun with other kids and learning through play. But it is also dramatic dropping him off and picking him up. All in all, I think it was a great experience for Evan and us. We are very happy about the decision we have made. I definitely don't want to miss Evan's precious defining first years. I am able to teach Evan the way I want and not by somebody else. Caring for Evan is not always easy or fun, but it is very gratifying.

































No comments: