Monday, December 29, 2008

Transition back to normal schedule

Putting Evan to bed every night makes my job as a Mom more colorful with lots of variation and yet tiresome and some sleepless nights. After the trip to Las Vegas and other one day trips, Evan's night time has been pushed further past midnight due to him being napping later in the afternoon. When we were out, Evan was reluctant to take naps in his stroller, not until he couldn't take it anymore. I don't think headstrong is the word for it. Endurance and Tolerance would be better words for it. My baby can still be alert and go on even when he is long due for a nap. I have tried everything I could think of in the past two weeks. Everyday, a trial and error and process of eliminations. I felt like being back in school. Being a Mom is no easy job on top of working over 14 hours a day 24/7. I don't have anymore my time. If I do, I will have to compensate with my sleep time or chore times. Thank God that this job is so rewarding and yet flexible. Indeed the perfect job in the world with lots of responsibilities.
Tonight, I am very proud of my accomplishment for putting Evan down to bed at about 9:30pm. I have to give credit to Cici for waking Evan this morning at 7am. I usually am too tired or don't have the heart to wake him up knowing he won't have enough sleep. Tonight's special trick or finding is rocking Evan to sleep in my arms. He fell asleep with his head on my shoulder. I presume that he definitely misses the motions while riding in the car. All the things that were previously tried did not work because he only went to sleep only when he was really sleepy, which would be past midnight. I have tried singing, reading, playing, kissing his cheeks, pretending to sleep, ignoring him and let him cry to sleep. Finally, he figured how to climb the gate to get out. So all the above failed. He is very strong willed, but he has yet to be able to let me know what he wants. Evan can be such an easy child in many other ways, but yet can also be so difficult to tend to. Praises God for his gift to me. Being a Mother is the most wonderful thing I have ever experienced in my life.

No comments: