Friday, January 23, 2009

Jan 12th, 2009 - The 20-month mark


This is a big month for Evan that I would like to document, especially the new words he is starting to say. I think now is the time I am the only one who truly understands exactly what he means. Most of the words are spoken in Cantonese. Here is a list of new words Evan is starting to speak and trying to communicate with me.
-throw (into the trashcan), lending mom a helping hand
-燈 light
-奶 milk (nai nai)
-qui (Thank you), when I gave him something he had asked for
-馬 horse (ma), pointing at the bouncing horse
-鴨 duck
-quack quack
-豬 pig, this word came as a surprise when he saw a piggy stuffed animal at a friend's home.
-car
-貓貓 cat (meow meow)
-開 open
-hello (wei wei) (when the phone rings)
-bye
-蕉 banana
-yai yai yai yai(Ni Hao Kai Lan show)
-gurt (yogurt)


However, for some words that he knows how to sign for, he wouldn't speak, like please. I am happy I didn't spent too much time teaching him sign language. For others words he is not yet known of, he is using hand gestures and expressions.

Also in this month, Evan is wearing his daddy's slippers and shoes and try to walk. Evan also helps out in the house like pick up trash and put them in the trashcan; and putting his clothes in the dirty laundry hamper. Now, he is trying to fix my broken glasses. I can't blame him for breaking a leg off since I wasn't too diligent to keep it away from him.

No comments: