Saturday, February 7, 2009

Potty training week 2 progress

So far, Evan can do potty #2 in the potty. I am still working on #1. It is more difficult than I thought. #2 is easy since Evan has a big expression and style when going #2. It takes a lot of praises and encouragement because he is so used to going in his diaper. It also helps since it is not that frequent as going #1. I am rushing to get him potty trained so we can help save the environment by disposing less diaper, and the big plus is saving money on diapers. I think I am a little too excited to get him potty trained when he was born that I bought a potty seat and stools when he was only a few weeks old. I am surprised that he is not potty trained when he turned one. I guess I was lazy. We also got the cloth diapers called Bamboozle, but that didn't work out too well. Evan got skin rashes from the urine, so we stop using them. Potty training takes a lot of patient and especially for boys. It gets messy too. I need to work on timing it at certain time of the day for #1. I welcome any tips from experienced moms.

No comments: